Monday, November 3, 2008

Understanding Obama: The making of a Fuehrer



Watching some of the presidential debates and the reaction of Americans to the candidates, in particular to Obama, I was stunned by the level of hysteria that the crowd displayed towards this man. Why could this man arouse such raw emotions?


To me he was just a young, black man, promoting talking about “change” in an eloquent way.

His ideas of spreading the wealth to everyone sounded to me much like communist propaganda. When I was young I had similar ideas, until I visited Czechoslovakia and Hungary behind the Iron Curtain, and witnessed the reality of what was happening in those countries.

So why is the American crowd almost like under a spell, when he speaks? Don’t they hear what he is saying? Yet the crowds are cheering Barack Obama, the charismatic senator like he was a rock star or another such American idol.

When I heard a TV commentator say: "Here was the American dream embodied in a young man running for Senate, a new Jack or Bobby Kennedy", I suddenly remembered John Kennedy. As a European I could never understand why Americans had such a personality cult. In Switzerland we have a group of 7 men who take a yearly turn to represent the government. It is set up that way so no man (or woman) can ever gain personal power. It is a democracy where the people decide their destiny.

Recently I watched a You Tube presentation entitled: “Understanding Obama: The Making of a Fuehrer” by Ali Sina, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVnRzn4rjbY .

I am not a psychologist and didn’t know anything about the Narcissic Personality Disorder, but the video made me understand a little bit why Americans give up their own reason to “worship” Obama.

What is downright scary is how many people fall for his empty words to choose him to be Commander In Chief and Leader of the Free World ....

1 comment:

lilo97423 said...

Proverbs 24:21-22

My son, fear the LORD and the king;
Do not associate with those who are given to change,
For their calamity will rise suddenly,
And who knows the ruin that comes from both of them?